What's the MTHFR Deal with Vaccines?



It's time to talk about the most frequent (and increasingly controversial) question I receive - are vaccines dangerous for someone with the MTHFR gene mutation? And in particular, should my infant/young child follow the vaccine schedule if they have this mutation? Before diving in any deeper, I want to preface this with saying that I am not a medical professional. This article is based on my research and the opinion that I've formulated from such. I'm also going to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible. If you want to get into the scientific nitty gritty of it, there are plenty of resources out there that do just that. In this piece, I'm going to try to simplify the topic as much as possible, so that the average person without a science background or particular interest can grasp the concepts and apply them in a practical way.


So without further ado...


I want to make it clear that I am NOT anti-vax. A vaccine injury can strike anyone, even a perfectly healthy and genetically optimal person. However, with an MTHFR genetic mutation, you are at an increased risk of developing serious complications. I liken vaccine injuries to playing Russian roulette with an extra large barrel. A genetically optimal person pulls the trigger once before passing to their neighbor. Yet, if you or your child has this mutation, the trigger must be pulled several times before your turn is over. How many times the trigger must be pulled depends on factors such as whether you're heterozygous (one mutation) or homozygous (two mutations) and which variant you carry (C677T or A1298C). It's an unfair game and the odds are stacked against you to varying degrees.

Mercury, a dangerous heavy metal found in vaccines, is one of the leading causes of vaccine injury, which include autism, neurological impairments, development of autoimmune disease, and even death. As you can see from the chart above, an average person without an MTHFR gene variant is typically able to detox 100% of this mercury out of their systems. Someone like myself, who has two C677T mutations is only able to detox 10%! The other 90% is stored in my tissues to wreak havoc in my body for a lifetime. This severely impaired ability to detoxify is what makes vaccines so dangerous for MTHFRs.


To be clear, there are doctors in the realm of traditional medicine who consider an MTHFR gene mutation to be a legitimate constraint from receiving vaccines. However, many doctors are not familiar enough with this mutation to understand what it is or its real implications. Many doctors attempt to oversimplify the mutation, claiming that taking a methylated B vitamin reverses it, therefore removing any risk vaccines may pose. And now with mandated vaccine schedules in order to attend public school, medical constraints are becoming more and more elusive to attain.


We must increase MTHFR awareness and recognition in the medical community.


As I've stated above, there is a lot of nuance to this topic that is not covered here. There are risk factors that go beyond retaining mercury in the body. There are other genetic mutations and conditions that put individuals at higher risk for vaccine injury as well. This article is intended for someone hoping to grasp a very basic understanding of how vaccines relate to the MTHFR gene mutation.


Whether you choose to vaccinate or not is a very personal decision. There are serious risks no matter what you decide. My aim is to provide the information necessary for you to make an educated decision with your genetics in mind.


#mthfr #mthfrmutation #mthfrgene #mthfrawareness #mthfrpregnancy #mthfrwarrior #mthfrliving #health #wellness #holistic #vaccines #vaccineinjury

©2019 by Hey MTHFR.